Visitor borrowing privileges
Ookayama Library issues borrower's card that named the "Library Card" for
- Visitors who need to borrow books in our library for their own study and research and who live or work in Tokyo or Kanagawa.
Others can use interlibrary loan service. Ask your university library or nearby public library about the service.
If you need to use or photocopy the library materials, the Library Card is unnecessary. Even if you have the library card, the entry procedure is the same as other visitors. See "Visitor Policies: Ookayama Library" for detail.
|Loan Period||2 weeks|
|Number of items you can borrow||2 items|
|Types of materials that can be borrowed||
Books and Audio visual materials
※You cannot borrow journals.
|Note||You can order books from the Suzukakedai Library at the counter except 'Peripatos Collections'.|
- One of the followings with expiration date for verification your current address
|Health insurance card, Driver's license, Individual Number Card, Residence record (Juminhyo), Residence Card|
If the address is not printed, the utility bill receipt or the phone bill includes your address that is issued within three months is also required.
- A certificate that includes the address of their office and expiration date. （Only applicants that don't live but work in Tokyo or Kanagawa）
Schedule for issue of the library card
|Application Time||Time the card is ready|
|Until 11:00 a.m. on weekdays||2:00 p.m. on the day|
|On and after 11:00 a.m. on weekdays||11:00 a.m. on the following weekday|
|Weekends and Holidays||12:00 noon on the following weekday|
- When we receive your application on weekends or holidays, we will photocopy your certificate for the staff to verify it on weekdays. After registration, the copy is discarded. If you want to take the copy back, let us know at the time of application.
- We may contact you to confirm the details of the application. When we have trouble contacting you several times, we will cancel your application.
Expiration date of the Library Card
- Expiration date of the Library Card is the end of the fiscal year. If your certificate expires before the end of the fiscal year, expiration date of the Library Card is the expiration date of the certificate.
- When you want to continue borrowing books next year, you can renew the registration with your Library Card and certificates that we specify in "Registration Procedure".
- You will be able to renew the card from March.
- You can borrow books up to fourteen days prior to the expiration date.