The institutional edition of Mendeley, a reference manager, have been available for Tokyo Tech members since April 2021.
What is Mendeley?
Mendeley is a free reference management application which aims to manage academic articles and share them online. With Mendeley you can:
- Store, organize article information and PDF files you collect for your research
- Insert references and bibliographies into your article manuscript
- Share references in groups such as your laboratory
Comparison of Mendeley free version and Mendeley Institutional Edition
|Function||Free version||Institutional Edition|
|Personal library space||2GB||100GB|
|Shared library space||100MB||100GB|
|Collaborators in private groups||25||100|
|Number of private groups||5||1,000|
How to use
- You will need an account to use Mendeley. Access to Mendeley (https://www.mendeley.com) and create your account from "Create a free account".
- For details, please refer to the Help Guides.
Mendeley Institutional Edition
- You will automatically gain access to Mendeley Institutional edition by signing in to Mendeley from a device connected to the Tokyo Tech campus network.
- If you have already used Mendeley free version, the same account is available to use the institutional edition. Data migration is not required.
- Available period: 12 months from the last login via campus network
- You can check if you use the institutional edition on the following screen after signing in. (Click the images to enlarge.)
Settings & Privacy > Subscription "Mendeley Institutional Education"