The second edition of "Treatise on Geochemistry" is now available online. The work provides a comprehensive, integrated summary of the present state of geochemistry. The first edition deals with the major subjects in the field, ranging from the chemistry of the solar system to environmental geochemistry. The second edition has increased its coverage with new volumes which include: the history of the atmosphere, geochemistry of mineral deposits, archaeology and anthropology, organic geochemistry and analytical geochemistry. As a result, 66% were revised and 126 new chapters were added.
Treatise on Geochemistry. 2nd edition, Volume 1-16, Elsevier, 2013.
Executive Editors: Heinrich Dieter Holland, Karl Karekin Turekian
* See the last part of this news for volume titles.
How to Use
You can accsess the volumes via any of the following methods. Devices need to be connected to Tokyo Tech campus network. Tokyo Tech students, full-time instructors, and part-time instructors can also access them from off campus over an SSL-VPN.
- Access https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/referenceworks/9780080983004.
- Search E-Journals and E-books List.
- Search Library Catalog, and click "Find it @東工大" button.
The first edition is available as printed books. Search Library Catalog to see the holdings information.
- Volume 1 - Meteorites and Cosmochemical Processes
- Volume 2 - Planets, Asteroids, Comets, and the Solar System
- Volume 3 - The Mantle and Core
- Volume 4 - The Crust
- Volume 5 - The Atmosphere
- Volume 6 - The Atmosphere - History
- Volume 7 - Surface and Ground Water, Weathering, and Soils
- Volume 8 - The Oceans and Marine Geochemistry
- Volume 9 - Sediments, Diagenesis, and Sedimentary Rocks
- Volume 10 - Biogeochemistry
- Volume 11 - Environmental Geochemistry
- Volume 12 - Organic Geochemistry
- Volume 13 - Geochemistry of Mineral Deposits
- Volume 14 - Archaeology and Anthropology
- Volume 15 - Analytical Geochemistry/Inorganic Instrument Analysis
- Volume 16 - Index