To further enrich the library's holdings, we welcome donations of materials which will be used for the research and education at the Tokyo Institute of Technology for a long period of time.
We accept donations of materials (books or journals) that meet the following conditions.
- Materials we don't have. (Please check Library Catalog.)
- Materials meet the library's criteria for selection. We don't accept the following types of materials, in principle.
1. Children's books, comics, hobby books, how-to books, and popular books
2. Materials intended to the promotion of specific organizations or individuals
3. Special materials with narrow themes
- Materials in good condition and not written in, soiled, or damaged.
Please agree with the following points.
- The handling of donated materials will be entrusted to the library.
- Sorry, but we don't send any acceptance list and thank-you letter, in principle.
How to donate
Send or bring them to the library.
Mail or campus mail
Please fill out "Book Donation Form"(only in Japanese) and enclose it with materials. We're sorry, but mailing fee will be charged to the donator.
Information Management Group, Tokyo Institute of Technology Library
L-1, 2-12-1, Ookayama, Meguro-ku, Tokyo, 152-8550 JAPAN
Bringing them directly to the library (weekdays 8:45 - 17:00)
Please let us know in advance and bring them to the library building on yourself. At reception, we ask you to fill out "Book Donation Form".
Division in charge
Ookayama Library ：Information Management Group, library office on Ground Floor (TEL: 03-5734-2093, Mail box：L-1)
Suzukakedai Library：the Temporary Library in Suzukakedai campus: R3 Annex D, Floor 1, Rm 103 (Tel: 045-924-5152, Mailbox: S3)
* Only Tokyo Tech members allowed using the Temporary Library.
- As for the location of materials, you can select your preferred campus library (Ookayama or Suzukakedai). Please mark at "（大岡山・すずかけ台）" in the "Book Donation Form". If you donate 2 copies, they might be able to be placed in both libraries.
- We offer special "Books by Tokyo Tech Professors" and "Book by Tokyo Tech Alumni" collections to showcase the achievements of our faculty and alumni. Please contribute to enhancing the collection by donating your publications to the library.
Information Management Group
TEL: 03-5734-2093, 3214 (weekdays 8:45 - 17:00)