Suzukakedai Library will have the entire renovation work.
- The aged building will be renovated such as setting new air conditioning system.
- The inside space will be redesigned in order to upgrading research, studying, career support
- Upgrading and expanding “Group Study Space” and “Private Study Space”.
- Rejoining “Career information Room” and “Student life coaches”.
- Opening new space where users can eat snacks and drink.
- Opening new multipurpose hall used for event and seminar.
Scheduled Renovation Period
From April 2020 to June 2021: Suzukakedai Library, S3 Bldg. is scheduled to be closed for the renovation work.
*From June 2020 to June 2021: The some services will be provided only for Tokyo Tech members at Temporary Library.
The services for visitors will be restarted after finishing the renovation work.
Closing Period: from April 2020 to June 2021 (tentative)
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. We will announce later that we can start providing services at our library web site as soon as we are ready
Temporary Library for Tokyo Tech Members
Suzukakedai Library has reopened at Temporary Library to provide some services only for Tokyo Tech members from Monday, June 22.
*The open hours may be changed based on the Tokyo Tech policy against COVID-19.
June 22 August 17 until further notice
10 a.m. to 4 p.m. 8:45 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Weekends and Holidays: Closed
Those who can enter the library
Faculties, staff and students
allowed to come to campus for research activities.
- About 10,000 titles of academic books and learning language books that are frequently used and 107 titles of academic journals, published after 2019(PDF).
- Materials located in "Suzukakedai Unavailable due to renovation work" have been packed in the boxes. They are unavailable for this period.
How to use Temporary Library
- Please take your off your shoes and change to slippers in the shoes box at the entrance.
- To enter the library, you need to show your IC card such as student card, staff card, or access card to our staff.
- You need your IC card (student card/staff card/access card) and your 6-digit PIN code for checkout.
- Please return books to the book return in front of the entrance of R3 Annex D even when Temporary Library is opened.
- Library staff can make copies instead of you. Please fill out the application form at the counter.
- Interlibrary Loan for articles and books from other campuses, universities and institutions is available.
If you need books from another campus, please contact the following address.
nlibinfo◎libra.titech.ac.jp (Please change ◎ to @.)
Following services are NOT available.
- Browsing newspapers and general magazines.
- Borrowing a note book or iPad.
Using seats for browsing and Seminar Presentation Rooms.
How You Can Help
To prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands with soap before entering the library and before and after using the library materials.
- When you enter the library, please wear a mask.
- To avoid the risk, try to shorten your staying time inside the library.
Please keep the social distance, about 2 meters(6 feet), from other users.
We will take measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and ask your cooperation such as thorough hand-washing.
The Progress of the Renovation Work
We will show you the progress of the renovation work with pictures.
Packing and Moving out the materials in Suzukakedai Library
- About 150,000 materials have been packed and moved and kept in the other buildings during the renovation work.
Temporary Library (R3 Annex D, Rm 103)
- Some of the materials are available at Temporary Library (R3 Annex D, Floor 1, Rm 103).
- They were moved out around the end of May.
- We have opened Temporary Library June 22.
The renovation work
- The renovation work started in November.
- The renovation work has finished at the end of March!